Sunday 7 April 2013

My lavender lust | Welsh Lavender

I love everything about the scent of fresh lavender, it's homely, fresh and soothing. If you've been following my blog for a while, you may remember a little post I wrote about my lavender basket and how much I adore it, since then I've fuelled my lust for the fragrance with countless candles, oils and I'm always on the hunt for natural, organic products that use lavender - today was my day. I stumbled across a company called Welsh Lavender, I thought I'd share with you the lovely products I bought...



The first product I found was this "farmers hand cream" - what originally attracted me was the packaging, I love the simplicity of it, so up my street. The cream itself almost has almost a whipped consistency that blends seamlessly into your hands leaving a subtle lavender scent that to me has a twist of mint. Like it says on the tin, the cream is for "hard working hands" so it's naturally really rich and nourishing - a perfect piece to pop by the kitchen sink. 



I'm a bit of a lip balm fiend, so I couldn't leave without the "farmers lip balm". Again, the packaging is so me, it'll look perfect sat on my bedside table for an urgent lip SOS. Like the hand cream, the lip balm has a fresh lavender scent, this time with a refreshing citrus tint. It's feels perfectly nutritious on the lips and would make a great base for lipstick.


All their products are handmade in Wales and as a Cardiff resident I think it's great to support local brands and businesses, especially when they're as lovely as this one. Check out the website here and have a read of their story, very interesting and some lovely photos in the gallery, I'm sure you guys will love them. 

Harri
xxx

8 comments:

  1. I bet that's a good stuff!
    have a lovely rest of the day :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must give this a try. I keep meaning to, and your lovely writing and photographs are just the reminder I needed! Thanks, and have a great week. Cheers, from Toronto! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice find and always good to support a local business. i would be attracted to the packaging and design too, it's really sweet. will be checking out the site fo sho

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little goodies look lovely, the packaging is really fresh and clean and I can smell the lavender from the states :)

    ReplyDelete