Friday 16 August 2013

Making a use for glass yoghurt pots...

I'm the type of person that keeps things around the house with the thought "this might have a use for something, someday, I just don't know what right now". Case in point, empty glass yoghurt pot jars -you know, the luxurious ones that you only ever buy when they're on offer in Sainsbury's. Too good to just discard, but slightly useless. However, I've put mine to good use...



A common scene in the flat, my multiple earrings scattered across the windowsill after a panicky morning trying to get myself together for the day. I find earrings so hard to store, I lose them on a daily basis from them getting swept up never to be found.



Take your clean glass yoghurt jar and pop those earrings in, safe and sound. They also look really pretty, I think if you've got lovely jewellery or a statement pair of shoes, make a feature of them. These yoghurt jars make cute little tea light holders and are perfect to set jelly in if you're having a party.

What do you guys reuse? Have you ever saved the little glass jars?

Harri 
xxx

8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely idea. I save absolutely everything, my paintbrushes are stood in an empty glass jar of some variety. I love the idea of reusing the glass yogurt jars for jelly, I just never make jelly! One day... haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. clever!

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ideia! And simple. I have tendence to save boxes and packing stuff, It's like a disease ahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, now I know what to do with my empty jars sitting in my studio forever!

    x
    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea. I love the photos too!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!


    http://deutsch-bitte.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm pretty sure you like in england and you have the cutest home decor. can i be you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!urban getaway

    ReplyDelete