Saturday 16 March 2013

Inspire me...

I'm currently sat in the living room with my boyfriend all consumed in the Rugby (anyone not from the UK it's England vs. Wales... apparently it's a big game) so I took to my laptop and surrounded myself with magazines seeking inspiration for our new flat. We're taking the big leap from bunking up in my student digs and migrating to a swish new pad - It might not be my dream New York loft apartment, but it's spacious and light, a good space to try and work my magic with.

Ever since we've had the get-go on the flat, I've been saving pictures of the Internet and constantly flicking through the piles of housey magazines at home. I thought I'd share with you some of my inspiration.


We want a look that's both aesthetically pleasing, but also cosy and livable. I love layering textures and earthy, natural colours, so lots of different fabrics and textiles to achieve this affect. Over the last couple of months I've collected quite a few bits from vintage and thrift stores,  I can't wait to finally make a feature out of these, piling up my many books and hanging some of the lovely vintage prints that I've bought.

I'm planning a little series to feature on my blog called "Life in a small apartment" - It will document my quest of achieving the look I desire on a students budget, in a small space. Expect DIY's, charity shop finds and making use of space and storage - Can't wait to get started!

Where do you guys like to shop for home wear? I'd love to know...

Harri 
xxx


16 comments:

  1. ahh i love the sound of this, i'm moving into a house in the summer and can't wait to start decorating my little space ! ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so exciting isn't it, hope it all goes well for you! x

      Delete
  2. i like the idea of these posts, it's a big job to sort a new place out but it's pretty cool to start with nowt, then borrow and find all sorts from others. tkmaxx but you already know that. muji would be ace too but mad prices for your first bits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we're making lists of things people can lend us and the bits we need to buy, there's lots to do, but I' excited! x

      Delete
  3. Love the idea and pictures! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh how exciting that your getting a flat. I love the leather sofa! Looks stylish yet very very comfy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it? I bet it's mega bucks though x

      Delete
  5. It's lovely filling a space together! I would suggest signing up to Freecycle and Freegle, people giving away stuff all the time. In the past I've got various bits and pieces. I recently got a wooden tv stand that I've sanded down and will paint over the summer... also a great way to get rid of stuff. "One man's junk is another man's treasure"! You might find something perfect for your new place :) Have fun planning! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I'll definitely be checking that out, sounds awesome! x

      Delete
  6. Wow! What a dream to have all of that :) Hope you can make your flat look like someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea about Freecycle and Freegle! But as Lucy says it is a really nice webpage. Have a look!
    xoxo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also collecting and hoarding and choosing and thrifting for our big move in a few weeks. Good luck with your apartment! I'm sure it will be beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck with the move! sounds like it's fun already!

    ReplyDelete